Welcome!!

This blog is a compilation of all me and my husband's favorite recipes. Most are simple and easy to make. Please leave feedback if clarification is needed, if you like adding something else to the recipe, how you do it differently, etc. I would LOVE feedback! And mostly, I just hope you can enjoy eating some yummy food!!

To get regular updates, like me on Facebook or
Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 19, 2015

Poppyseed Chicken



One of my room mates in college introduced this dish to me and I was left wondering where it had been all my life. I served it to my mom and she felt equally ripped off. Don't deprive yourself of this goodness. There is something about those Ritz crackers that just make me want to jump up and down or something.

Ingredients:
5 cups chicken breast, cooked and cubed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
2 packages ritz crackers
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/2 cup butter, melted

Notes / Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. In a sauce pan, heat cream of mushroom soup and sour cream on medium heat while stirring constantly. Make sure to scrape the bottom to prevent burning. Remove from heat and add poppy seeds. Set aside. In a greased 9x13 pan, spread cooked chicken evenly. Pour cream of mushroom mixture over the chicken. You may want to stir it a little to make sure the chicken is evenly coated.

Before opening the crackers, place a hand on each end of the package and firmly and slowly smash the crackers. Pour cracker crumbs into a bowl and pour melted butter over the top. Toss around until butter is well incorporated. Sprinkle over the top of the chicken.

Cook for 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...