Welcome!!

This blog is a compilation of all me and my husband's favorite recipes. Most are simple and easy to make. Please leave feedback if clarification is needed, if you like adding something else to the recipe, how you do it differently, etc. I would LOVE feedback! And mostly, I just hope you can enjoy eating some yummy food!!

To get regular updates, like me on Facebook or
Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Peanut Butter Bars

I really wanted peanut butter bars tonight, but I also wanted no-bake cookies...  It was a conundrum.  What I wanted was more peanut buttery goodness with chocolate AND oats!  The recipe I had for peanut butter bars was OK, but not as good as I would have liked.  They were far too sweet and didn't have the oats in them.  So I tweaked it!  I must say, the outcome was far better than I expected.  It was a definite improvement of the original recipe.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!  And a quick note, I crushed the graham crackers in my kitchen aid and slowly added everything else and that made it super easy.

Ingredients
1 package graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup powder sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons Nutella (or peanut butter)

Notes / Directions
Mix graham crackers, oats, powder sugar, butter, and peanut butter until well blended.  Press down evenly in an ungreased 9x9 inch pan.

Put chocolate chips and Nutella in a metal bowl.  Float the bowl in a pot of boiling water.  Stir mixture until all chocolate is melted and smooth.  Pour over prepared crust.  Place in freezer for about 10 minutes until it is hardened.  Best if stored in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...