Welcome!!

This blog is a compilation of all me and my husband's favorite recipes. Most are simple and easy to make. Please leave feedback if clarification is needed, if you like adding something else to the recipe, how you do it differently, etc. I would LOVE feedback! And mostly, I just hope you can enjoy eating some yummy food!!

To get regular updates, like me on Facebook or
Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 28, 2013

Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells

I'm so excited because my mom flew in for the weekend so we are going to party!!  Literally.  We have some random girl's birthday party tomorrow.  But her being in town also means that I have to make something delicious and take a picture of it.  One, because I've gotta serve my best stuff to my guests, and two, because she can keep little hands from snatching up my projects as I try to photograph them.  So here's what we had for dinner.  Absolutely divine.  There are not any left overs, except for the extra pan that is in my freezer for a later occasion!

Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything

Ingredients
1 (12-ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 cups fresh chopped spinach
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced 

4-8 large basil leaves, chopped
1 15oz container ricotta cheese
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (5oz) package Parmesan cheese (about 1 2/3 cups), shredded
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (26oz) jar prepared spaghetti sauce (this was just enough. If you like it saucier, use more.)

Notes / Directions
Cook shells for two minutes less than the recommended time.  Carefully separate shells and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.  Grease two 9x13 baking dishes and spread spaghetti sauce on the bottom of each pan.


Cook chicken and chop up into small chunks.  I did this by chopping it up as I cooked it in a skillet.  Set chicken aside.

Mix together ricotta cheese, cream cheese, garlic, and egg till almost smooth.  I did this in my kitchen aid.  Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.  Stir together.  If using a kitchen aid, continue the rest of the process with a spoon.  Stir in chicken and onions.  Gently fold in basil and spinach.  Avoid stirring too much or the mixture will turn green from the spinach.  Spoon mixture into a gallon sized Ziploc bag and seal it shut.  Cut a 1/4-1/2 inch corner off and carefully pipe mixture into the shells.  Fill each 9x13 pan with filled shells.  Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.

Cover both dishes with foil.  Place one pan in the freezer and bake the other for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...