Welcome!!

This blog is a compilation of all me and my husband's favorite recipes. Most are simple and easy to make. Please leave feedback if clarification is needed, if you like adding something else to the recipe, how you do it differently, etc. I would LOVE feedback! And mostly, I just hope you can enjoy eating some yummy food!!

To get regular updates, like me on Facebook or
Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Candied Pecans


During the holidays these pecans were sitting out on a dish at my orthodontist.  It took a lot of self control to not eat the whole dish!  So instead, I pestered the receptionist for a few months until I got the recipe.  My orthodontist, Dr. Chan, makes these every year at Christmas time.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

Ingredients
2 egg whites
3/4 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves (4 cups)
1 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Notes / Directions
Preheat oven to 250.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  In a mixing bowl, hip together egg whites, vanilla, and water until it is nice and frothy.  Stir in pecans until evenly coated.  In a large ziploc bag, mix sugar, salt and cinnamon.  Add pecans and seal shut.  Shake and toss until pecans are completely dusted.  Pour out onto baking sheet and cook for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...