Welcome!!

This blog is a compilation of all me and my husband's favorite recipes. Most are simple and easy to make. Please leave feedback if clarification is needed, if you like adding something else to the recipe, how you do it differently, etc. I would LOVE feedback! And mostly, I just hope you can enjoy eating some yummy food!!

To get regular updates, like me on Facebook or
Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, November 5, 2012

Butterhorn Rolls

These rolls have been on the Thanksgiving dinner table ever since I can remember and are a classic at my house.  Not only that, they are absolutely TO DIE FOR good.  Once the first batch comes out of the oven, everyone runs to the kitchen, and my mom, armed with a broom, starts whacking people away.  Well.... not really.  But there is yelling and scolding involved :)  This is the first year that I'm going to be away from home for Thanksgiving so I'll be making them on my own.  My mom assures me that they are easy so hopefully it goes well for me.  Give it a try yourself!  They are truly the most amazing rolls.

Ingredients
2 pkgs. yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup milk
1/2 cup imperial butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, well beaten
5 cups flour

Notes / Directions
Combine warm water, 1 T. sugar and yeast and set aside. Scald milk and add butter, 1/2 c. sugar and salt. Beat eggs, add milk mixture, yeast, and 1 2/3 c. flour. Beat vigorously til bubbles form on the surface. Cover and set aside 25-30 minutes.

Add remaining 3 1/3 c. flour; knead. Put in greased bowl. Cover and let rise about 1 hour. Knead down. Divide into thirds. Roll each third into a circle and cut into 12 pie-shaped wedges. 



Brush with melted butter. Shape into crescents by starting to roll at wide end of triangle.




Place on buttered cookie sheets with pointed end tucked under.


Let rise til light (45 min-1 hour). Brush with salted butter. Bake 12-15 (mom says 10) minutes at 400. Brush with salted butter.  Makes 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...