Welcome!!

This blog is a compilation of all me and my husband's favorite recipes. Most are simple and easy to make. Please leave feedback if clarification is needed, if you like adding something else to the recipe, how you do it differently, etc. I would LOVE feedback! And mostly, I just hope you can enjoy eating some yummy food!!

To get regular updates, like me on Facebook or
Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Chicken Divan


I grew up eating this stuff.  I know, weird.  Kids don't like broccoli.  But this one did!!!  This was a family favorite and every kid ate it and rejoiced.  It had been a long time since I had made this stuff so I decided it was time to cook some up with my left over rotisserie chicken from Costco.  It was a good call.

My 2 year old is one of the world's pickiest eaters, especially when it came to green things.  He used to eat a LOT of eggs.  He just loved them!  Until the day I used food coloring to make them green....  He would have NOTHING to do with them once they were green so I felt like this meal might be a long shot.  Broccoli is just scary.  And chicken is weird, unless it DQ chicken and then that's all he ever wants.

He tried a bite, and another, and another, and another!!!  SUCCESS!!!  I can die happy now.  My kid likes Chicken Divan.

Ingredients
3 large broccoli heads (3-5 cups of florets)
1 large chicken breast (I use rotisserie chicken)
2 small cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice (you can use less, I like the tang)
2 dinner rolls or 1 cup cornflakes

Notes / Directions
Cut broccoli into bite sized florets, using the stems as well, and steam for 5-6 minutes.  Put broccoli into a 9x13 pan.  Tear chunks of chicken and layer on top of the broccoli.  In a sauce pan, combine cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice and heat up on medium high heat.  Stir constantly to prevent it from burning and sputtering everywhere.  Once the sauce is nice and hot, add cheese and stir up.  Pour ontop of broccoli and chicken.  Break up dinner rolls over the top of the casserole or sprinkle corn flakes on top.  Cook for 20-25 minutes at 425, until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...